Tips for fund requests
Need to make a deposit into your class account? Download Deposit Form. Scroll down for instructions.
Fund request process
- All fund requests must support the Purpose of the Organization, as described in Article II of the Huntington School PTO bylaws.
- Requests for funds from the General PTO account MUST be submitted prior to an Executive Board meeting for review by the Board members; requests will then be brought to a general meeting for a vote. See the Meetings page for Executive Board and general meeting dates.
- Requests for funds from class/department accounts are reviewed by the Executive Board but do not require a vote of the general membership.
- If you can find the items you want from an online vendor, we can order directly with the PTO credit card and have the items shipped to school.
- Place the items you want in a cart at the vendor’s website or email us a detailed list of the items you want (item numbers and descriptions). For Lakeshore, use the regular retail cart; we do not have access to myEPro. Actual prices will likely be lower once we request a quote.
- If you want to buy something from another vendor, please check with us and see if we can establish an account and/or make the purchase directly – especially for large orders!
- Reimbursement requests are discouraged. If reimbursement is necessary, you must submit original receipts (put in the PTO mailbox, in a clearly-labeled envelope) and you still need to submit the fund request form.
- Sales tax exemption can only be used for purchases made directly by the PTO!
- The PTO has a Shoppers Club for Business account with Wegmans, which includes our sales tax exemption. However, sales tax exemption can only be used when the purchase is paid for directly by the PTO.
- If you would like us to make the purchase at Wegmans, please let us know the week prior and we will do our best to accommodate this. For purchases made on your own, you will need to pay tax (if applicable) and request reimbursement.
- If you pay for pizza orders and will request reimbursement, you must get a receipt from the pizza shop! Or, if you can get a total price ahead of time, we can provide you with a check payable to the pizza shop.
- The PTO needs a fund request form in addition to the field trip packet submitted to the main office.
- Please submit the fund request as soon as possible (i.e. prior to receiving an invoice) for buses or other field trip expenses (picnic shelters, tickets to shows, etc.).
- Once the invoice is received, forward it to the PTO email or place in the PTO mailbox. Or, request that a Board member make the payment directly online or over the phone with the PTO credit card.
- Download, complete, and print the Deposit Form (this is an Excel file).
- Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know a deposit needs to be picked up.
- One of the Board members will coordinate with you on a time to pick up the deposit.
- You may put cash/checks in a sealed envelope, labeled with your name and “Deposit,” and place in the PTO mailbox until we are able to pick it up.
- Deposits must be opened and counted together by a PTO Board member and a staff member. Both people need to sign the deposit form.
- Keep a copy of the deposit form for your records. A Board member will provide you with a copy of the bank receipt as well.