The first day of school will soon be upon us! All new and returning families should have received Mrs. Harlow's recent welcome letter. The letter contains many important details for the opening of the 2018-2019 school year.
- School for students in kindergarten through 8th grade begins on Thursday, September 6.
- Pre-K students begin on Friday, September 7.
- Free breakfast and lunch is available to all students.
- Kindergarten orientation is September 5, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in the classrooms.
- Pre-K orientation is September 6, at either 11:00 a.m. (Ms. Payne), 10:00 a.m. (Ms. Appleton), or 1:00 p.m. (Ms. Appleton), in the classrooms.
- Open House for all families is Wednesday, September 12, with sessions at 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. (same information - pick the time that is convenient for you).
Please review Mrs. Harlow's letter for details on the school's cell phone policy (all electronic devices must remain out of sight and turned off).
Also, please note that due to the ongoing building renovations, there will be NO ENTRANCE INTO EITHER PARKING LOT FOR PARENTS (parking, pick-up, or drop-off) UNTIL AT LEAST NOVEMBER. The letter contains more details; please review and plan accordingly for drop-off and pick-up while the parking lots are closed.
We hope you will consider attending a PTO meeting this year. Our first meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 11 at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. PTO meetings are a great opportunity to meet other parents, staff members, and administrators and discuss your concerns and suggestions. We look forward to meeting you!
UPDATE, 8/30/18: The letter from Superintendent Alicea describing the arrival and dismissal procedures that will be in place at the start of school can be found here. Until construction of the new bus loop is complete (anticipated in November), the doors on the west side of the building at the cafeteria will serve as the single point of entry for all students, parents, and other visitors. Please review the letter for more details.